Monday, June 09, 2014

Victory and Defeat

In Goodwill related news...here's a great victory for the part of me that says "If you love it, you should get it, you'll figure out a use for it some day" and a terrible defeat for the rational "stop buying stuff!" part of me.  


I bought this blanket years ago, it's one of those old, hotel sort of strange bedspreads with the weird polyester on the back, but I just loved this bright summery flower pattern.  I had no idea what to do with it but it made me smile.  I walked away from it several times but kept going back.  It sat in the basement in a sack for a long time.


But then MJL and I were discussing how the down comforter was really way too warm for the summer and I wanted to make a quilt but I don't have time right now to make a quilt and besides I couldn't get it done that fast anyway.  I remembered this blanket and it fit!  So now my happy blanket makes me happy every day and we're not alternately roasting and freezing as we put the comforter off and on all night.  Hooray!

Where do you fall on the spectrum?  When in doubt-buy it or leave it?

No comments: